There are many Global Standards-writing organisations that may be eligible to become an accredited Standards Development Organisation and receive formal recognition as a developer of Global Standards. Benefits of accreditation include:
- Ownership of the Standards development process and the ability to determine the development program, the level of resources and the time frames to meet stakeholders’ requirements.
- Building stakeholder confidence in the organisation by involving all relevant interest groups in the development of the Standards.
- A more efficient and effective industry / sector through the development and promotion of nationally recognised Global Standards.
- An improved recognition of the organisation within industry and government circles
- Integration of the standards into an existing range of publications.
- Freedom to develop your own design and layout for your standards to meet your users needs.
- Improved rigour and accountability within the organisation’s administrative and management processes.
The ability to use the internationally recognised logo, Global Standard, on your standards